Volunteer Deputy Registrar
To be appointed a volunteer deputy registrar, a person must:
- Be at least 18 years old;
- Be a United States citizen;
- Not have been determined by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be totally mentally incapacitated, or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote;
- Never have been convicted of failing to deliver a voter application to a voter registrar;
- Not have been finally convicted of a felony, or, if convicted, must have fully discharged the sentence, including any term of incarceration, parole, or supervision, or completed a period of probation ordered by any court, or been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disability to vote;
- Not have been finally convicted of identity theft under Section 32.51 of the Penal Code.
Volunteer Deputy Registrar Application
To apply for volunteering as a deputy registrar please fill out the application linked below and submit it to:
Administrative Aid / Training Coordinator
1050 East Madison St., Brownsville, TX 78520
Ph: (956) 544-0809 | Fax: (956) 550-7298
Mon. thru Fri. 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Note: Hours are subject to change during Elections.