State of Texas Emergency Assistance Registry
RESERVE YOUR RIDE TO SAFETY IN ADVANCE* -- CALL 2-1-1
S.T.E.A.R. is a free registry that allows residents who need transportaion to provide information in the event
provides local emergency planners and emergency responders with additional information on the needs in their community.
Registering is VOLUNTARY. All information provided will be kept COMPLETELY CONFIDENTIAL. Registering does not guarantee that you will receive a specific service during an emergency. Available services will vary by community.
If you live in a hurricane evacuation zone and you will need assistance to get out before a hurricane landfall, dial 2-1-1 to register in advance* for a ride to safety.
--If you have a disability or special health care need and require assistance to evacuate.
--If you cannot drive and cannot arrange transportation to evacuate.
--If you do not have a vehicle and you have no one else to help you evacuate.
--If you want to register and you need to check if you live in an evacuation zone.
Who Should Register?
- --People with Disabilities
- --People with access and functional needs such as:
- --People who have limited mobility
- --People who have communication barriers
- --People who require additional medical assistance during an emergency event
- --People who require transportation assistance
- --People who require personal care assistance
How to Register
- --Register Online at https://STEAR.dps.texas.gov
- --Dial 2-1-1 (24 hours a day/ 7 days a week)
- --Dial video telephone relay option of choice to contact 211 at 877-541-7905 (Texas Information Referral Network)
- --Registration forms
* 2-1-1 Phone Line will be disconnected 72 Hours before the arrival of hurricane winds.