Mission Statement: To assist eligible individuals/families to gain access to medical, social, educational, nutritional and vocational programs and to support and provide family-centered, culturally sensitive, community based strategies for individuals/families of Cameron County.
Serves children ages 0 to 21 years of age with medical conditions that will last for more than 12 months. CSHCN Case Management Program will make all efforts to ensure a medical home. Services are free.
What is Children with Special Health Care Needs Case Management?
It is a service provided by a Case Manager to help children with special health care needs and their families get the services the child needs. Case Managers help with:
- Family problems;
- School/education issues;
- Transportation problems;
- Identifying services and making referrals in the community;
- Obtain a medical home for child;
- Overcoming barriers for families; and
- Providing community referrals.
- Planning for your child's future.
- Planning for adult life
- Preparing for adult health.
- Emergency Planning
- Trasition Services
Who is a Children with Special Health Care Needs Case Manager?
A licensed registered nurse or a social worker approved, trained and given technical assistance by the Texas Department of State Health Services.
What can a Case Manager do for you?
- Evaluate the child's and family's needs;
- Assist in locating services and providing referrals within the community to meet child and family needs;
- Work with the family to develop a case management service plan; and
- Provides follow-up with families to assure needs are met.
- Help develop a plan for your child's future medical and educational needs.
- Develop on emergency plan.
- Prepare for future legal needs.
San Benito Public Health Clinic 1390 W. Expressway 83 San Benito, Texas 78586 (956) 247-3619
HOURS OF OPERATION FOR ALL LOCATIONS:
Monday – Thursday 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Friday 8:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Some evening and other hours are available by appointment.